Friday 13 March 2015

Script writing 1st draft review


My first draft was a good start as I managed to write three scenes. I found it hard to progress after I had wrote those three scenes because I went through all the points I wanted to mention about the experiences of my main character in his new school. The next steps would be to develop the characters that I introduced around my character. I am looking to explore further how ‘Tams’ friends influence the way he behaves at school and potentially how that would affect his future.

Originally I wanted to contrast schools in Zimbabwe and schools in England through how the teachers treat the pupils and how pupils treat each other due to their environment. This idea works well because of the differences in political influence we find  in education. Every country have different influence from politics in their educational system there i wanted to juxtapose the two system so that some people can relate to the story while enabling others to see a different perspective in the influence of education. 

Environmental influence has a significant amount on children’s futures for example if you are raised in a lower class, and you don’t get an education you are more likely to grow up into criminal activities than someone of a higher class who may be forced continue the family business. This is enforced by cultural ethics for example a lot lower class foreign countries push their children to archive higher than they have. 

In my story ‘Carl’ is ‘Tams’ first friend that he meets at school therefore I’m looking to explore conflict through their friendship. Friendship or any other relationship comes at the cost of trust; I’m looking to place one of my characters in a dilemma were they either say the truth or lie to protect their loved ones. 

At this point I am clueless about my ending maybe my character dies or knows someone who dies due to events that happened when they were at school and have now led to death, maybe he ends up in a home telling his story to someone who moved from England to grow up in an African country. This would work because there are always consequences to the actions that one takes there touching on that would give my script that extra bit of weight it needs. 


next steps : politics in education , mention girls not allowed to learn -people getting shot at schools --question why i was sent to the school i was sent to in Zim (better education , scrict school --very religious --- more likely to end up with a good career--) 


No comments:

Post a Comment