Thursday 18 June 2015

CATS evaluation

Overall I enjoyed the making and performance of this project as it was my first musical however there were a few things I improved as we progressed with the shows and also some things I would look at if I was to do the show again.

The first point of improvement would be working on the vocals for the song Old Deuteronomy, this is something that I flagged on the day before the show. In the play I had three songs my character had solo lines in therefore I focused most of my attention on the two big ones as I only had a verse in Old Deuteronomy. Within this song there were notes that I wasn't hitting and that was due to not getting enough vocal training. My practise time was reflected  on my vocals because I was uncomfortable with the song which held me back from going for it. If I was to perform cats again playing the same character I would designate my rehearsal time equally to all the songs I am in.

While the vocals could have been better getting used to using the whole musical theatre package is something that came with time. Dancing , acting and singing can be difficult when done at the same time while you push yourself to your limit. Balancing the three proved hard because as soon as I put focus on the vocals my movements we not to their best. A week before the show we started to put everything together because we had dance lessons that were separate to vocal lessons so the two never got to be done together. This made it hard for myself and a few others making us look uncertain on stage.

The body language I had on stage was one of my main strengths because I reacted to the other characters and clued the audience as to what kind of relationship I had with others . An example can be taken from the song Rum Tum Tugger. this was the main song from my character and how I danced with Bombalourina in contrast to all the other female characters implies that I may have had a thing for her. Body language can also help foreshadow the story to the audience because staying on the Tugger and Bombalourina.




No comments:

Post a Comment