Thursday 7 May 2015

Cats Material Analysis

Cats Dance Audition

Above is a link to the final video of my cats audition. At first I wanted to audition with a different genre of dance because I didn't feel comfortable and confident with the dancing in the musical. After a few dance lessons I grew in confidence and decided to audition with the jellicle ball song which the majority of the class used to audition. Choosing this song allowed me to focus on my rehearsing during the dance lessons because this was the song that was played out-loud in the speakers because almost everyone was using it. Jellicle song was from the musical therefore it was appropriate for the musical. Another reason I chose this song was because it was fast tempo and allowed me to express different skills I possessed. Considering the journey I had for this audition i would not change the song because I grew in confidence the more more I listened to it. The only alteration I would make to my audition if I was to do it again in the future.


The singing audition could have gone better, I think that I should have changed my second song. Some of the notes in the song I couldn't hit or hold for long because I hadn't received any vocal training.






No comments:

Post a Comment