Monday 11 May 2015

Dance development points

 From the first draft I have decided to have a think about my physical setting. Filming in a house was good because it provided great lighting and I was able to include some high angle shots that I would not get with the considering the tech I have available for me. Changing the physical setting has a domino effect on my camera angles therefore I need to think about. I am thinking of including more long shots as it will express the beautiful sea view alongside enforcing my water stimuli. My choreography is based around water. I wrote down some connotations of water and the one that stood out the most to me was flow. This helped shape my movements because they had to flow with the music and reflect the sea. Originally when I started I used the word toys as my starting point and from it came up with some connotations that I intended to use in my choreography . Control was my main focus because toys are controlled therefore I thought I can focus on robotic dance movements. Robot dancing requires sharp controlled movements in contrast to the flowing movements that I have developed my piece into.

No comments:

Post a Comment